Butterflies Instead

Butterflies Instead.

Ok, this post doesn't seem like a butterfly post. Indeed. Most of the butterfly shots turn out crap. I don't shoot really lotsa butterflies cos they're all almost the same. So having already paid RM10 entrance fee, I reluctantly point my uber cool camera to plants and shoot plants instead. Butterflies are available, too, but if you're a good observer there's only two species. Only two fking' species of butterflies in a butterfly farm!!!! Even my backyard have more. Though I live in an apartment.

I think 99% of the shots here were taken with the 50mm glass. Sheesh. My other two glasses are left rotting after I got the 50mm glass. I just like bokeh too much I think I have a bokeh fetish. Focusing a glass with razor thin dof ( depth of field ) is a bitch, but if you manage to get everything together, the result is awesome ( for me, at least ) I know some ppl who don't like bokeh for some equally weird reasons as those who like bokeh.

Lilies, though there's only one flower in the whole place,
I manage to get this shot :P


Ong lai: Supposed to be good luck?

Don't-know-what-flower flower.

Don't-know-what-flower flower, again.
But not looking up into heaven anymore.

When the lightin's just right and the animals are behavin' the photos are a' rockin'.

Butterfly species #2 molesting some unknown-weird-shaped-flower flower.

Imma' at ur behind, molesting ur flowerz.

Still the same species.

Lonely butterfly, emo post.

Humans are gods' creation to destroy all other gods' creations.
Even a poor defenseless butterfly ain't spared from the wrath of humanity.


P/S: To the person whose hand is featured above, you still owe me some money. Pay me before I expose more of your body parts here.

1 comment:

Robin Wong said...

Eh penang got butterfly park ah???

Wah got some really nice butterflies here in KL one dun have... geraaammm...

btw, cool shots, but the weird thing is.. all ur butterflies seem so emo.. what have u done to them????? ahahhhaa....

Ahahahaa bokeh fetish... its a tool to isolate your subject lar, and bring it into the center of attention, but there are many other techniques to do so, though the most popular one is bokeh.

There are times I want my background to tell a story to compliment my subject too, so bokeh isnt necessarily the best thing for all situations for my shooting.

But my Ollie tele 40mm-150mm F3.5-4.5 bokeh is OWNAGE.