Burn Out

These few days had been incredibly hazy and it don't really do good for you. Firstly, the temperature is super hot because the haze traps heat and usually there would not be any wind during hazy days. Then, the view is terribly ugly, luckily it is raining now ( pity my car had to survive the acrid rain ) It really did not do anything to uplift your mood.

Recently a spat of work related issues had been eating into me too...


1) Work is getting routine, no major challenges for me, not that I want any, but, heck, hope you get the idea > <

2) Lack of job security: Lately I'm becoming a pawn over some inter-department battle, and if my dept lose, I'm gonna get more work to do ( which is bad ), and if we win, the boss gets to hire more guys ( which is bad too, ie I lost the only bargaining chip I have ) In uncertain times like now, it's better not to switch jobs if I can avoid it...

3) I have two projects which faces delays which is not my fault ( the designer did not provide proper specification for project I, and for project II, the management did not approve the project til NOW ) and the deadline for both the projects is ..... september 2008, which is 1 month from now. For scaling purposes, a typical project takes 3 months with full technician support, slightly longer if it's a new project ( think NPI ). Now I have 2 projects, both using new approach never tried before, and because of some intra-departmental separation, I did not have any technician assistant. And because of the timing constraint, I simply had no time to redesign the setup using a new approach if it don't work the first time. Sigh, I'm sure it won't look good for me > <

4) Some colleague are so ignorant it almost become funny > <

Despite everything, I still kept my ideals, my boss is still a great bunch, it's just this lingering unease which I began to built over the last few days. Maybe it's time to start saving for the looming rainy days.

Anyway, gotta start posting some pics soon, there's a ton of pics waiting to see the light of day I'm just too tired to sort 'em out.

No comments: