A collection of seemingly random pictures

Two weeks ago Robin visited penang, and unluckily I became the tourist guide. We went to a few places, snap a few pics, and while he took mostly landscape and hot chicks pics, I took mostly flowers and random objects, so normally we don't need to fight for objects to photograph. Kinda lazy to upload the pictures nowadays, so count your blessings when you saw these pics.

Strangely, most of these pics are taken with 18-250 zoom lens. Robin must've intimidated me with his Ollie but nevermind, Ollie still sux and Sony rules. But I've kinda ignored this lens for few months and it's time for it to redeem itself. And my RM1.9k > <

Flower #1. Love the smooth creamy bokeh in the background.
Pic taken at WOA, iinm.
But the small subjects are not really sharp,
might need a dedicated macro but
currently wanna save a bit dough.

Legend has it that Konica Minolta first developed circular aperture blades which is said to produce better bokeh. Nowadays almost all Sony lens comes with circular aperture blades, which is a nice thing to have. On most lower end (read: cheap) C lens, the bokeh is *not-s0-nice*.

I think this is cat's chin or something. *unsure*

Robin and I, we really had different views on photography. He went through a digicam ( two actually?) taking super pictures with cameras most ppl won't even wanna use. He knows a thing or two on how to use what he have to work the way he want it to be. How many people actually use kitlens and produce works of art? Not alot? Yeah, he's one of them.


Me? It's simple. If it sucks, it's the equipment. If it blows you away, it must be the thing behind the camera. Simple enough to comprehend?

You can't blame me, though. This Sony A200 is really my first camera, discounting the crappy 1.3 megapixel CMOS sensor crap I use to call digicam. Though I have access to my brothers' DSC-W1 (it's also a Sony) it doesn't really have much to offer me. No bokeh, no UWA, no true macro, no nothing. But it have a sensor which beats the crap out of T200, T2, T-whatever that Sony is currently offering.

Yellow flower.

The wise one. He seen so much he knew,
the best thing to do is to stay still.

I manage to force convince Robin to have dinner at Tao's, on him. xD Tao is my favourite tho. How favourite? I go to Tao again last week. The only gripe is that we do not have a lot of time there , they kinda rushed everything and we were expected to leave the place at 8pm, while we only arrived at 6.40pm.

Unagi sushi (correct me).
It's so good Robin and I had to order the 2nd time,
and the 3rd.


Interior decor in Tao.
It's so recognizable someone said "u went Tao???!!!" when I show her the picture.


I do admit, sometimes my pictures are kinda emo. Not that I want it to be, but I'd be happy actually, cos it's a work of art, my way of expressing myself. Quote John Rambo: "It's what we do, it's who we are. Live for nothing, or to die for something." Well, might as well make something out of life :P

Don't know why but this thing grab my attention.
Maybe of its round shape,
maybe the way it coiled itself,
maybe it looked lonely.


No particular reason to like this photo.
Just thought it looked above average.



There is more pictures, but I don't wanna overload a post with so many random pictures. Till the next time. Go to robin's blog, I do think some of his photos are damn cool.

1 comment:

Robin Wong said...

whoah... its been a long while since i last heard u say something nice about someone....

thanks man !! ahahaha...

I think maybe the sky is falling down already....