Office politics

side note: If I wanted to summarize what I learnt the last few days, it's really money talks, bullshit walks. No matter whatever ppl say, you just need to flash some greens in front of them and viola, they instantly became whatever you want them to be. No questions asked.


I've been sick these few days, terrible headache, no appetite, and a bunch of other unpleasantnesses. (note to self: No more 10am walks under the hot sun, especially in unshaded area like a dam.) Not helping is the fact that suddenly I'm swamped by work stuff. 2 projects in hand, and one external project to boot. Might have to work til 10pm soon.

Recently alot is happening in the office, two colleagues who is the same batch with me fried the boss. I had been expecting them to do that for a long time, but it somehow made me think of my position in the workplace all the same. One went to sg to toil like a cow, and another purportedly get ~Rm3.8k salary somewhere else. (to put it her way, I wouldn't get her salary even after 2 years working here) Why wouldn't I resign? I don't know. I do not really have a super bunch of colleagues, I stay just because the bosses are a nice bunch. Call me stupid, but I will stay for as long as they needed me or someone offered me a RM4k job. I had difficulty refusing to help someone who needs help, that's my weakness. Right now the department is in turmoil and running away seems ...... lame.

And as they say, bad things comes in pairs, this afternoon I attended a discussion session with the MD, where you got to voice out your concerns to the top management to respond, and when I asked the MD what plans he have for us engineers to improve our technical skills and competitiveness, what he told us wasn't comforting at all. He treated engineers like off-the-shelf parts that can be purchased, just add hot water, no grooming necessary.

It's funny how he, as a typical marketing guy, protects the companies' intellectual properties til the point it became absurd, ( we can't legally bring in floppy disks/ pendrives/ cd burners/ bluetooth devices to prevent us getting stuff out ) when he don't realize the brains that created those intellectual properties are going away. What is left here in the company, is stupid fucks who do not even know how to operate a windows based tester ( fyi it's a one button does everything program) I almost vomit blood every time I face them.

Enough of bulls, maybe I'll leave the company after all. But definitely not within this year, there are things to be done around here.

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Seems like you 'throwing letter' will take longer than I assume.

Chey. Tahu cakap aje.