Botanical Garden / Floral "Fest"

Botol-nical Garden

Beside the monkey bitch beach, I went to Pg Botanical Gdn last weekend with an old flame a coursemate, it was really is nice place. A lot of ppl were on their way out when we arrive at ~940am, pg ppl were a healthy lot. The whole area is very shrouded so sun is not an issue, the place is cold, damp and dark even when the sun is shining like mad. Did not finish exploring the whole area, will definitely go back for a second visit soon. And they had a floral exhibition going on, where many hybrid and exotic plants went on sale.

Anyway, the first batch of random pics.

Ever heard of cannon-ball fruit?
No, this is not cannon-ball fruit, it's cannon-ball fruit's flower.
The cannon ball fruit is almost as big as a full sized coconut.
I do not bother to take the fruit's pic tho, it's fking ugly.


The texture of an old tree. Seems like it went thru WW2 or smth.
But I like the texture, though. Events will really shape up something, anything.

Some wild shrub, quite nice, actually.

Lots and lots of mini-venus-flytraps. I kinda wanted to get one pot for my office desk,
but it's not meant for fluorescent environment, it needs direct sunlight :(

I think this is some kind of tree with family lineage related to the mini-venus-flytrap too,
but I'm too ignorant and too proud to find out :P

Courtesy of ah james, I shoot both the monkey bitch beach and botanical garden pix entirely in raw, swallowing up ~7gb of what left of my precious 40gb ancient hdd space. (I think I left 4gb, some prawn collections really had to go, great sacrifices must be made so advances can be achieved in photography) Time to get a new hdd / probably a new PC soon. It takes almost 10seconds to properly load a raw file with my uber fast barton 2600+ chip. Uber fast, as in 2005, that is.

Coming soon: Part II
Stay tooned....

1 comment:

Robin Wong said...

OOoooohhh...

first shot is just awesome. it is as if I could feel the sun burning the weird looking plant, ahaahahh...