What makes good photograph?

I am tired of saying this to everyone who knows very little about photography.

No, SLR doesn't automatically capture your bitchy gf into a sexual vixen.
No, better lens never make better pictures.

What makes a better picture, is effort. Maybe you're born lucky with an ability to take better picture compare to others. But if you do nothing and sit at your home every day thinking maybe you'll get better pictures if you have that better lens, then by all means, go buy the lens. Maybe it can make your candid photo 1% sharper at the edges and maybe it reduces vignetting, slightly.

The difference between a cheap and an (very) expensive SLR (A200 vs A700/900) is minimal. Maybe you get a better EV range, maybe it scored better DxOmark, maybe it had few more buttons, but the pictures you took will not change drastically. Learn how to capture a good picture before you even start considering better lens. Heck, I can proudly say, I would get a similar picture to what I get now if you give me a compact, any compact. If you want to get better pictures, go get a film camera. While you're at it, why don't you consider a medium format? Or a large format?

I spent 1 year, almost few hours every day to get to where I am now. I studied what I captured, why it suck, I studied why other people get better pictures, I ask for feedback (not thru forums) I take in honest comments and criticisms.

If you expect to become Ansel Adams after you bought your cheap-ass SLR (preferably Canon), go eat your own shit and fucking kill yourself. I'm tired of being the nice guy (aka the wussy) trying to explain this to you all shitholes.

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

"I ask for feedback (not thru forums)"

You had me cracking there LOL.

haiya, dun u know canon L lens is the god, everything else is low-life. we should all bow down to canon, or else we will not get that "ability to take better pictures".

Fish Tan said...

Yeah. Without the L lens, you're just a wimp who takes candid shots with your cheap-ass Olympus toy camera.