CNY and all that shit.

While the world braces for a looming recession, we chinese bastards still have the mood to celebrate CNY. This year, it's all about massive fireworks. Bigger and grander than last year. Talk about moderation. Though I don't capture fireworks on CNY, (it's a lame thing to do in CNY) the other guys in the 'hood spares no dime in showcasing their wealth. Massive artillery fires up during the pre-CNY night. The scene in Gaza is pathetic compared to what we get here in Kuching.

What have I done during CNY? Well, this year I done things a little bit differently. I no longer go on massive visiting. I visited a few friends that really mattered to me, and spent more time there.

After disappearing from 'the scene' for so long, here are a few pix.

Suprisingly many ppl do not know this fish here in peninsular. Talk about us Sarawakians being 'sakai'.


My ~10 year old turtle.


I thought she came here to stay. They're all just visiting.


These were the kids that I'm forced to grow up with.
Look what happen to them now.
(if you're sharp enough you'd notice some of them spies aint' supposed to be there)


And how could you not love this guy?
(NO, NOT the d-bag in the background)
Some things just never change.



Worrying signs were appearing all over us now, what should we do? I don't know. I asked a few of my friends, neither were them. We were all too engrossed in our own little sandcastles to see the bigger picture. A small part of me realize I might lost my job some day, but the bigger part of me refused to acknowledge. And then I go back to my old ways, as always.

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

LOL...
some spies eh...
interesting to see some of the faces that never appeared during CNY to pop up this year.
And whoah... I see dragonfly...

Fish Tan said...

Yeah, I was kinda suprised, and happy, to meet some of the old faces. Imagine, 7 years just drifted by.